Due to the number of requests (love you Mom) to live vicariously through my travels I have decided that the best way to keep up with everyone is to keep a journal online. This way I post, you leave comments and we all know what is up.
So, um, yeah, here I am...10 days until I leave for my study abroad in London. I will be there for 5 weeks and then in Seattle for a bit and then I will drive back to Michigan. This is my most epic adventure yet, the longest in miles and time that I will be on the road as a traveler. Excitement is starting to kick in, but I have not quite realized that I am about to leave; packing might be a good idea, yeah about that...
Anyway. So the idea is that I will keep a running commentary on my trip, along with selected pictures here. Then on Picasa there will be a Bird's Wanderlust photo album for those of you who want more pictures (link will go up soon).
The study abroad trip is based on Theatre in London, so much of the material will be about that. It will also cover my love of fine art, history and the decorative arts, reenactment, museums, pretty flowers and interesting people; not to mention anything else that strikes my fancy.
This blog will also be where my research is saved and I will muse on topics of interest (probably with a lot of tangents). While in London I will specifically be working with Art Nouveau embroidery and design, along with Viking design (for more adventures in reenactment, sewing, Vikings, and more tangents please see the other blog I contribute to, along with my friend Mers, about our buisness: Lacings and More).
That is about it for now, I will see you all again soon.
In the words of my Father: I am not lost...this is the scenic route.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment