So I have been here three weeks now, and boy did we hit the ground running. We are in classmost mornings at 10am-noon-ish, then lunch. After lunch we generally go to a museum or to a theatre for a tour, then dinner, and then to a show until 10 or 11 at night. That has been the general shape of my days, on the weekends I do my homework and sightsee.
Here are highlights from the photos of the first two weeks with a running commentary:

Take-offs and Landings: So here we have me with Vincent, my loyal and trustworthy travel Gargoyle, thank my mother for the picture, we are packed and ready to move.

Here is Vincent on the ride into London on the airplane, we didn't have a window seat so no pretty ariel views of the city.
Day one in London:So after unpacking and a NAP (necessary after that long on a plane) I went with two of my class mates and Karren on a Big Red Bus tour of London.
So it was way too much fun, we rode on the open top of a red double decker bus around london listening to the music and commentary.
To the left is one of the guardian dragon statues of the City of London itself, which stood inside the old city walls, before the sprawling of the industrial revolution.
Here is the London Bridge from a distance.
There was something surreal about it, the day was beatiful, the sun shining and I listened to the 1812 overture while riding around the tower of London and the London Bridge.Here is my first view of the Tower of London.

Another view of the Tower.
According to the flag Parliment was in Session.
I love Gothic-revival architecture. This is West Minster.

Here I am with Big ben and Parliment in the distant background. It is slightly windy up on a moving bus, my hair was loving it.
Alright, it has taken me an hour and 1/2 to upload these pictures so I need to go get dinner. Talk to you all soon.
Ok so now I have some explaining as to why the updates have taken so long...
So the first week I am too tired to even think straight...jet lag and this schedule really caught up with me. Then I try to hook my computer up to the net...the wireless is way sketchy and no one can really connect. Then about 1/2 hour later the fuse on my voltage converter bites the dust...and the computer dies.
It took me over a week to find a new adaptor that will work with the grounded 3-pin plug of my laptop...you would think that a package that touts that the adaptor is ready for hairdryers, laptops, etc. would be grounded...at least I thought that made scense...guess not. SO finally find one that works and my computer's own cord is dual voltage (110/240) so no converter needed, so 2 weeks in I have my laptop agian. But still no internet...
Yes there are computers in our common room, but I am sharing them with about 30 other people and there are only 2 computers...competition is a bit stiff. Internet cafes charge extortionary rates too. No free wi-fi here...
So this is our long weekend, most of my commrads are in other countries, and I have the computer time to load pictures and such. The internet in the hostel is dial up so the pictures are taking forever...so this is the best I can do for now. Thanks for understanding.
Love you all.
1 comment:
Yay! Updates!
Glad you're having so much fun!
Post a Comment