
So week 2 on Wednesday at 8am we went to Oxford, it rained all day. We were soaked, but we had a lovely tour guide and the town is quite beautiful.
Pretty ribs from a vaulted ceiling.
A shot from inside "New College," yeah, even this one was founded before the US was even discovered. The history of Oxford and the colleges is really interesting, but convoluted, so I shall leave the interested to look it up. I might put up links for it later.
More from the inside of the New College, this is the side of the Great Hall.

This is a section of the old city fortification wall that is still standing. It is now part of the gardens at New college.
I could have wandered for days painting and photographing this beautiful town, but the show must go on and we shortly loaded the bus for Stratford, our next stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment