This is my friend Sam and Vincent eatting Strawberries. They were little organic strawberries that were AMAZING.
Two angels on the side of the Saint George Church just a few blocks from where we are staying. While I was taking this a gentleman in a business suit walked past, stopped and asked me what I was looking at, when I pointed out the sculptures he said "funny, I have walked past every day for 10 years and have never looked up." I have discovered that it always pays to look up, there is some amazing stuff up there.
Part of our group posing infront of the giant astroturf furniture at the National Theatre, where we are waiting for our tour to start.
This is Venus. I fianally saw her in person at the British museum. She is really amazing in person, and you can walk right up withing inches and see how the shaddows fall. I was in awe. Behind her and to the right (almost behind the collumn) is the Rosetta stone, which was awe inspiring but pictures are useless--if you can get past the mob around it the pictures do not do it justice and there are plenty of pictures of it on the web.

A gladiator from the Nereid Monument friezes. I just loved the composition of this beautiful carving.
No comments:
Post a Comment